He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Friday, January 7, 2011

My Book - Beyond to Better Things by Tricia Marie



First of all I'd like to share that Tricia Marie is my pen name. My name before I was adopted (at 18 days old) was Patricia Marie Beaver. There is quite a bit about my dad in this book. My dad passed away in 2001 at 80 years old and God had healed our relationship. When he passed away, he was once again my Daddy! I didn't wish to dishonor him anymore!

I was saved in 1973 at the age of 13 but no one told me how to make Jesus the Lord of my life. I was living in a dysfunctional household which I share about in this book. It wasn't until 1988 after being arrested for selling LSD, that I truly learned to turn my life over to God. I went onto being sentenced to 2 years in prison (did 16 months with time off for good behavior). I wrote this book mostly while in prison. It is a short testimony with 50 poems that I wrote in prison and an afterthought (written after my release). It is a very easy read and I would advise anyone to purchase it for anyone or specifically for someone on a similar path!

I would also like to encourage you to support the F.I.T.program with your donations: http://www.100hour.org/
20% of the final sale price of ALL of my artwork goes to support this organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment