He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Monday, December 1, 2014

DECEMBER UPDATE & SHARE - IN ADDITION (Scroll down)

There is much to do in my life right now and among those things is updating this blog.  There are still just a few things left to do as soon as I have the time where I'm not distracted to read about more things I can do with this blog.  I'm trying to make it more readily accessible to you, my readers.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

I re-opened my Etsy shop that I closed in May, 2012 and I am still at work getting all of my artwork re-listed.  This shop contains my most inspirational art.  It is called "Something by Juliana - Inspirational Art" and can be seen at:  My Etsy shop - Something by Juliana  

Recently I was sharing with a friend who was having similar problems that I used to have with worrying about everything that I did to fall short, to not be perfect, to not do all that I felt the Bible said to do, and on and on.  I used to say that I carried around an invisible baseball bat to hit myself over the head with whenever I did anything wrong.  I was my own worst critic.  I think this is probably one of the hardest things to overcome as I have seen so much on "perfectionism", etc... online.  What helps one person won't help another.  It's taken several things to the point of truly asking Jesus to take that baseball bat from me cause I couldn't seem to let it go BUT I know one thing for sure.  I was saved at 13 through the testimony of a ex-drug addict who was American Indian but he had lost all of his dark skinned heritage looks from doing Heroin.  BUT no one ever showed me where to go from there so I ran and I ran and I ran until 15 years later I was arrested for selling LSD and God got me where He wanted me.  I was defenseless!  I was knocked down!  I knew He was with me, loving me!  I started paying attention, reading my Bible and praying and sometime very soon after that I found this song by a band called Whitecross.  I shared this song with that friend recently and was told it brought cleansing tears (Hallelujah!).  Still working after 26 years (Now, you know my name is Juliana, right?  I went by Julie then - this song was as if God, Himself was singing to me):

WHITECROSS
Walk with me lyrics (1988)

Julie my child
Why do you run?
Why have you turned away from me?
You say it's hard
To live perfectly
And all you can see
Is how you fail me constantly
You fail me constantly
You fail me constantly

My blood has cleaned you
Your sins are remembered no more
So come on, and walk with me

Julie my child
I've set you free
For I want you to be with me eternally
I love you so
I want you to know
That I'm the one who's calling you home
Calling you home
Calling you home

My blood has cleaned you
Your sins are remembered no more
So come on, and walk with me


My blood has cleaned you
Your sins are remembered no more

So come on, and walk with me


In Addition:  This year has been a different one for us.  With my loss of nearly 1/2 of my income for nearly a year now, it has not affected us as much as at this time of year.  There is nothing at all extra for presents!  Our tree sits beautifully adorned with ornaments and yet no presents underneath.  To be absolutely honest, yes, this has gotten to me a few times.  I don't remember this ever happening in my life except when I was in prison and I was released 3/29/90 so that was quite some time ago. I do remember that those Christmas's without material gifts were some of the best in my life.  When all that "stuff" is set aside it tends to give one a different perspective.  I have told the 1-2 people that I've even shared this lack of funds with that I am thankful that at least we know the true meaning of Christmas.

We were just a couple of minutes from church this morning when "Forever" by Kari Jobe (November, 2014 Post) came on the radio and the Holy Spirit touched me so strongly, straight to my heart even to the point of being overwhelmed to tears.  Then we got to church and everything that brought Jesus and Christmas to mind brought the same reaction.


It was a special Sunday.  A day for the children's Christmas program with a very Jesus centered program but no sermon this day.  Nothing to bring anything different at all to my mind.  No message to even urge my thoughts this way.


Then I had a revelation.  I got my Christmas gift!  (And now you will know why this needed to be added to this post.)  The song above came out in 1988.  The very year that I rededicated my life to the Lord.  This song included the name "Julie" that I went by at that time of my life.  And it hit me...how personal (even with so many of His children) my relationship was with Him.  That song "this song was as if God, Himself was singing to me." as I shared above.   And it was He, Himself singing to me!  Did you know that "coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous! by unknown"?  How many more places, instances will you see God if you put things in this perspective?  Life is truly different than most make it!



Gold Leaf Cross on Encaustic - by Juliana Pace Digital text added by me
May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!



No comments:

Post a Comment