He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Monday, July 2, 2018

When Faith and Fear Collide

My life recently has felt overwhelming.  So many health issues to address, not only for me but also for my husband.  I'm certain that all of us go through similar feelings especially in their older years.  My faith is not lacking that Jesus is taking care of it all I'm just really feeling "buried beneath", which is a song that I love by the band Red.  The world can so easily bury us, if we let it.






And so I've kept seeking and in my mind was this song and another, 

They were playing on top of each other in my head.  They would not go away.  And as so many other times, when a song plays over and over for days that means that God is attempting to tell me something through the lyrics in that song.  Although sometimes I'm a bit dense about it and only reading the lyrics doesn't work.

After all of my appointments were over for the week I was able to relax.

On Saturday morning I got online to look up something for a collage in my new ESV Interleaved Journaling Bible.  It just came to mind to look for Jesus walking on the water.  Jesus Walking on Water  and the tears started to come.  The image that impressed me the most was:



http://rickberrystudio.com/Painting Credit

And by this time I was bawling.  I've continued working in my interleaved Bible yet I wasn't sure where this was going.  I knew I could use this image as long as it was just for me, for teaching, etc... and I will always give an artist credit.  I started working on this page today and immediately as soon as I started this Bible Journaling page, these words from a favorite song came to mind that the Lord has used in my life several times before "When Faith and Fear Collide".  

 And I finally got it.  Why does God take me on such a journey to figure something out like this?  Because I will remember it.  This is the first song by Skillet that ever meant anything much to me.

My Bible Journaling - It didn't take me long to figure out what Jesus wanted to reveal to me.  I was having fear about moving forward mostly due to the unknown...and I just needed to take His hand!




 I'm so excited to have my new and very economical ESV Interleaved Journaling Bible.  It gives me so much more space to spread out and do my own artwork, etc...



I made some of my own tabs with a punch or note paper and found various pre-made tabs in my journaling supplies.



I added a pretty colorful book cover that I already had.  The black strap is a headband (I purchased a pack of 3 for my head but they did not fit and to my surprise I've used them all, already to hold various things closed).  I made the page markers for a fourth time from instructions on a YouTube video:



Although I wrapped mine with Washi tape instead of scrapbook paper.


Time for the Bible Garden to start!









ay God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Up-tweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!

No comments:

Post a Comment