He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

When I am weak, He is strong


So then after my hubby was off to work I sat down to read my daily Bible reading that I get from www.Biblegateway.com (they come in my e-mail so not easy at all to miss reading along with getting through the new testament in a year). 

To share a bit from the past, not long after we moved here the Lord spoke to me and told me that He was going to lift me up (no clue what all that entails and certainly up to God and His will).  I told Him that I would be so concerned about being big-headed about it.  Repeatedly "when I am weak, then I am strong"  has come to my mind over the years about so many things.  Then when I was prayed for at a Billy Burke meeting as a prayer warrior I talked with God after getting home and part of the conversation was telling Him that I felt so weak in the area of prayer and He told me that's why He is strong.  Then this morning a part of my reading was:  2 Cor. 12: 7b-10:  "Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (NIV Translation)

I have read this many times but never in this translation and only this chapter set aside.  God’s word is so very alive and important in our lives.  Confirmed even more to me about why things have happened in my life in the way they have.  He is forever working His good in our lives when we trust in Him! 

Just thought I'd share the song that just came on while listening to my computer playlist:

May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!

No comments:

Post a Comment