He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

ARE YOU TURNING YOUR NOSE UP TO CHURCH?


Are you sure that you know why?  If you think church is the same as it was even 30 years ago, then you need to find out what you’re missing!

(I finally just got settled down to write.  My husband changed hours and I’m just now getting more used to the much, much different time schedule.  He works nights and with driving he is gone for 14 hours yet just 3-4 days per week!  We are praising God and know that this gift in his new job comes from none other than our Papa God!  It is more than either of us could imagine, which is actually quite normal for our Papa!

*Luke 11:13 “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

So, I am still at work, one day at a time, to reorganize my hours so that I can do most of my work while he is gone except for some that I need his help with.  I’m learning to go to bed earlier and get up earlier which also seems to suit my own system for some reason.  And, I think in the long run it will become quite conducive of writing, too, since I love to write in the wee hours of the night.  I’m working toward mostly being up by 5am (so I can also exercise) but will get up a bit earlier when writing.  It’s so quiet with the world mostly asleep yet in my home with just me here I can turn on my worship music, softly, to make a good environment for my writing with the Holy Spirit as my inspiration).

Earlier today I went out to run errands.  I do so much writing while out driving in my car, enjoying the sunshine and normally listening to Christian music.  The kind of music I listen to depends on my mood.  When I’m awake and alert I normally listen to people like Jesus Culture, Kari Jobe and similar but when I need empowered or even just woken up, it’s Red, Thousand Food Krutch, Kutless, Skillet and various others.  Today I was feeling like getting out of the house, being young and energetic,  and cranking my music.  I was a teenager in the 70’s so for some reason it’s stuck even into my 55th year.  As I listened to one of my favorite tunes by Thousand Foot Krutch:
 
I thought how wrong I was and how I am surprised by the response of the world (comments on YouTube).  Before I rededicated my life to the Lord in 1988, I thought being a Christian must be boring, hum drum, blah blah blah…was I ever wrong.  Here I am 26+ years into living for/with Jesus and I believe I’m bolder, more alive, freer, and happier than I ever was in my youth (Youth?).  Yes, there wasn’t the Christian music of today in the 70’s & 80’s when I would consider myself being “youth” & “young adult” aged.  But, that’s not all.  There is a fire deep inside that has a need of being fed. 
 If you still think that being a Christian must be boring, hum drum, lack luster, then you truly need to become educated.  I always, always keep myself educated and open about the world, as much as possible, so that if someone asks me about something I can tell them with total honestly, my opinion.  So, why not become educated about your ideas on faith, if they are antiquated?  You may be surprised by what you find!  And, if you are hurting deep down, you may also be surprised by the peace, the comfort, the love that you find that is made to suit just you!  Yes, He gives us all what we need!

*Philippians 4:19  “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

 

And, I, as I am not perfect need to continually remind myself that that “need” is not merely financial/monetary but “ALL” of our needs!  If you do not feel that your needs are being met, come to Jesus and tell Him so!  Honestly, if you are clueless about where to start just tell Him so!  Prayer is just talking to God! 

*James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

 

and


*Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

If you want to give Him your heart right now, it’s so easy by sincerely repeating this simple prayer.

Dear Jesus,
I want to know more of You.  I want to turn away from this life that is just hurting and confusing me and come into a life with You.  I believe that You died for my sins and want to live in a relationship with me forever!  Show me Who You are and how I may live with You at the helm of my life!
In Jesus’ name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment