He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Intercession + My Weakness



I have been praying for years.  My mother taught me how to pray when I had nightmares as a child of just 3 or 4 years old.  Although I did feel somewhat adequate in my own prayer life where no one else heard me but God, I still feel quite inadequate praying in front of others.  In an emergency if someone asked me to pray, I would drop all of my fears and pray.  Yet by my early 50’s I still felt quite skiddish about praying out loud around anyone else.

While living in Palmetto, FL, a BFF was living at Christian Retreat (Christian Retreat.org) and I attended some conferences there at the Family Church.    

At one Billy Burke conference (billy Burke.org) a lady asked for prayers for herself as an intercessor.   Billy told others who thought they were intercessors to claim the prayer that he was about to say for themselves.  I had not yet seen myself as such but prayed, asking the Lord if I should claim this prayer and I believe he told me to claim it.  All of us who claimed this prayer for ourselves outstretched our arms towards him.  As I held my arm out, it was though I could even see a lightning bolt come from Billy, up through my outstretched arm to me and I hit the floor.  “Obedience”.  This has happened to me more than once when I followed what I thought the Lord was telling me to do.  Powerful prayer and I was still on “cloud 9” regarding it when I got home.  I can still “see myself” standing in front of the mirror talking to God.  I was telling Him how weak I felt regarding prayer and He said to me “that’s when I am strong.”  

*2 Corinthians 12:10 “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 

May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment