He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Sunday, May 27, 2018

OH MY SOUL


Here it is Sunday morning and my husband woke me up with breakfast.  So very sweet of him but I stayed up for a couple of hours after he went to bed.   I groggily “smiled” and got up.  (God always has a reason for my needing to get up early.  He has proved it to me again and again.  Even though so out of it in my own mind, I seem to tune into Him much more easily at this time of day.  I have written most of these blog posts in the wee hours of the morning.)

I did not need my husband to open the blinds to know that it was raining outside, I could hear it.  It’s been raining all week almost every day all day and now we are expecting a tropical storm today.  Just truly typical tropical weather for this time of year, but it can get depressing.  I have a friend who it has been affecting extraordinarily so and when we came home from the grocery last night it struck me to send an uplifting song to her so I looked one up and was sharing it with my husband this morning:



As I was looking for it, another song came to mind that helped me in my last dip of depression… this depression spell was a doozy!  It was, though, as if God, Himself was speaking to me. 



That day was one of my worst in some time.  My hands are having major problems right now.  I’d had trigger finger for some time in my right hand, which is debilitating to say the least but I’d had a stroke when I was 40 (now 57) with some effects to my left hand but “FAITH” kept me going like it was nearly normal.  This day I was “seeing” my left hand shaking terribly when I was typing and I had trouble hitting some of the keys.  I’ve been typing for 45+ years and playing piano for even longer. (The stroke slowed me down when I typed 120 words per minute as a Radiological Transcriptionist).  OH, WAS I EVER SHAKEN!  I was mad!  I called my hand doctor for an appointment but the office lady explained over and over to me how my family doctor had to know about my left hand issues before I made the appointment and I went off.  I had a “melt down”.  I even hung up on the lady, which is totally unlike me today yet it was how I would’ve reacted just after the stroke.  I was in tears.  I was more mad than I’d been in I don’t know how long.  BUT I cried out for prayer.  I go to God!  As much of my artwork depicts, “I RUN TO HIM”:




I was still mad.  I sought out doing housework while listening to worship music to get my mind off of it but this did not help, it used my hands!  BUT, “Oh My Soul” started to play and I heard “One more day, He will make a way.” And it caught my attention so I listened more. 



Oh My Soul

Oh, my soul
Oh, how you worry
Oh, how you're weary, from fearing you lost control
This was the one thing, you didn't see coming
And no one would blame you, though
If you cried in private
If you tried to hide it away, so no one knows
No one will see, if you stop believing
Oh, my soul
You are not alone
There's a place where fear has to face the God you know
One more day, He will make a way
Let Him show you how, you can lay this down
'Cause you're not alone
Here and now
You can be honest
I won't try to promise that someday it all works out
'Cause this is the valley
And even now, He is breathing on your dry bones
And there will be dancing
There will be beauty where beauty was ash and stone
This much I know
Oh, my soul
You are not alone
There's a place where fear has to face the God you know
One more day, He will make a way
Let Him show you how, you can lay this down
I'm not strong enough, I can't take anymore
(You can lay it down, you can lay it down)
And my shipwrecked faith will never get me to shore
(You can lay it down, you can lay it down)
Can He find me here
Can He keep me from going under
Oh, my soul
You're not alone
There's a place where fear has to face the God you know
One more day, He will make a way
Let Him show you how, you can lay this down
'Cause you're not alone
Oh, my soul, you're not alone
Songwriters: JOHN MARK HALL, BERNIE HERMS


My heart melted once again.  He knows me so well.  Music speaks to me.  He speaks to me so often through music.  And here it is a good 2 months later and it is in His hands still!

May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days! 



No comments:

Post a Comment