He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Monday, June 11, 2018

I'm Inspired - God's Peace


I’m inspired!  God is so good!  I’m not awake even 5 minutes before He is touching my heart!  I’m sharing this today because I need to let you all know how He makes a way when I woke up not feeling well.  It was 5:30 or so the first time I woke up with an awful stomach ache.  I just tried to sleep some more knowing that I was getting up at 7:30.

John 14:27  " Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." is my favorite scripture.  It talks about peace in the midst.  He doesn’t promise everything to be perfect and a bed of roses but He does say that He will give us peace and be with us through it all.  My life is such a perfect example of this.  From prison to sickness, to more sickness and even more sickness, and spending much, much time alone with only Him to keep me company. 

When I finally got up today I had a Bible Journaling page lying in my dining room table morning spot to finish that evoked so many memories.

And I shared that it evoked many memories in my Bible Journaling group and then I couldn’t hold back.  And I shared:

“Oh, I can’t help it...I’m a story teller I guess.  Not only did it make me think of growing up on a bike but also the last place we lived was called Christian Retreat in Bradenton.  I had a Purple trike (color of page) and I would ride in the early mornings in this circle by all these duplexes.  You can feel the presence of God in this place when you turn from the main road.  I would pray for the people as I rode past each home with all the gorgeous flowers and the sound of peacocks...I think of all the amazing memories from living in this awe-inspiring place!  I could go on and on...God is awesome!  It was like the $$ just fell from the sky to move there, too.  Totally God!  I may have to hang this in our computer room.”



Not long after all of this I was drawn to the flowers on our dining table.  I have been getting them several times a month for more than a year now and they are worth so much more to me than what I pay for them.  I delight in them.  In Ohio we had a ½ acre of gardens, a water garden, and I had 120 house plants.  (No exaggeration.)  But since I have been in Florida there has been a decline in my ability to care for plants and I have truly missed the flowers the most.  I look at them on and off all day long.  They inspire me.  They touch my heart.  They evoke memories, They are God’s glorious creation.  I don’t even know how to arrange them well but I decided that it really doesn’t matter if I just bask in them anyway!  They are just an amazing gift to my day, my life!  And I am writing this with my stomach still hurting but emotionally and spiritually I am free, complete, at peace, and full of love and sunshine!

I used to not like the color yellow until we moved to our Ohio house.  We had a screened back porch with skylights and yellow walls where the sun shined, the birds sang, and the squirrels played.  I collected metal sun plaques for the wall.  We moved before I could do all of the decorating that I wanted to there.


 Since then, yellow has brought the idea of light to me and I love using it that way in my art and Bible journaling, too.
Bible Journaling page with yellow as light.

When we went for flowers at Trader Joe’s in St. Petersburg on Saturday this was tour first truly sunshiny day in a couple of weeks being the rainy season in Florida.  The first flowers I noticed were the Gerber Daisies and  I snatched up a cluster of them, then the spray roses (a favorite of mine).  We are so blessed to have such beautiful flowers available to us as such a good price.  And then I had to add the purple, of course.  Whoever purchases the flowers for Trader Joe’s knows what they are doing.  I’d rather go there than any place else in the area.  Oh, I’ve gotten bouquets in other places that were lovely occasionally but Trader Joe’s is the most consistent and inexpensive.





Can you see God’s handiwork here?
 


May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Up-tweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!

No comments:

Post a Comment