He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

All I Have to do is Ask - 2010 - PLUS 2012 UPDATE

I was sent a devotional by a friend this morning that opened my eyes (yet again). It primarily talked about how we doubt God’s power and forget to ask for what He’s promised to us. To explain: I’ve been copying old writings into my blog to get them saved somewhere besides my home computer. I’ve been doing this for quite some time so that I’ve relieved myself of the responsibility of doing a whole lot of writing from scratch. A few days ago I finished copying the last of them (at least of what I’ve found so far) and immediately I thought “oh, no. This means I have to start writing again”. So I’ve had this in the back of my mind, or I guess it’s been the Holy Spirit urging me to just do it; to just sit down and write. Then I saw the devotional and I knew it, it couldn’t wait any longer, so here I am writing and praying for God’s power, for His words to flow through my fingers! I looked above my desk to a list of scriptures hanging there and see “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5, 6. 

The Holy Spirit has been speaking to me, moving through me. If you are reading this right now, yes this is partially about you. I believe He has given me a ministry to these precious friends on Facebook. Sunday in church as we took communion our pastor told us to ask God to show us someone we were to reach for Him and I heard in that still small voice, “the world”. In this vast reaching media of Facebook, God has allowed me to reach out to the world for Him. I am in awe of how He has increased my friends in number by nearly 1100 in just 3 short weeks. My blog is now reaching out to almost 50 people and I have yet to invite all my friends to read it as yet. Not to mention that my fan page is also nearing 600. This is all just too much for me to have done alone. I have no doubt that I followed the instruction of the Holy Spirit to start requesting friendships of artists/art related people. And, now, I know that He has given me the part of reaching out to these friends for Him. All encompassing, once again, Proverbs 3:5, 6. I truly didn’t have a clue how big this was going to be, and it’s still growing day by day.

A month or so ago I prayed for motivation. I was having trouble feeling like writing, doing my artwork, exercising, and on and on. I have been so touched by all the sharing and compliments from these new friends that I’m now working on entering a contest with my artwork, here I am writing, and the motivation is nearly limitless! He truly knows what we need! And, most importantly, all we have to do is ask: Luke 11: 9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” Hallelujah!

2012:
Oh my!  I had to share after reading this because God has increased these numbers to the point of nothing short of miraculous.  One of those things that is a definite 'God Sighting'.  My FB friends hover right around 5000.  The followers of this blog number 457.  And, at last look my fan page is at 1575.  Every time I take time to look at the numbers I'm in awe and have no idea what the future holds.  Just living it one day at a time!



May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!

No comments:

Post a Comment