He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Must Read Devotional Share + my commentary

Good Morning! The following devotional struck me so profoundly this morning that I shared it in the “Notes” section on Facebook (where you can you find devotionals shared by me almost daily) and I wanted to share it with all of you. I know I was a person who was raised up with some verbal abuse and was told that I couldn’t do anything right and that I’d never amount to anything, well, this devotional is the direct opposite of that. When people tell me I can't do it, He tells me I can! While in prison I repeated over and over again, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Phil. 4:13) and I’ve used it many, many times since! He made each one of us for something special (*Psalm 139:14a "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;") and He will not let anyone tell Him what to do.

1 Corinthians 12 – Here is the link to this in The Message version, which is the language of today. You will not regret reading this. Exerpt 1 Cor. 12:18a "I want you to think about how all this makes you more significant, not less.":

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%2012&version=MSG

“The Great Reversal by Rick Warren

"He has displayed his power with many mighty deeds but has scattered the people who are proud and think they are the great ones. He has brought down mighty rulers from their thrones but has raised up the humble! He has filled the hungry with good things but sent the rich away with nothing!" Luke 1:50-53 (NCV)

"God says the people who think they have it all together are going to fail, and the people who think they don't have it together are going to succeed."

What is humility? Humility is when you say, "I'm going with God's plan for my life, because my plan isn't as good." And the Bible says, "Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up" (James 4:10 NIV).

In Luke 1:50-53, Mary says, "He has displayed his power with many mighty deeds but has scattered the people who are proud and think they are the great ones. He has brought down mighty rulers from their throne but has raised up the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things but sent the rich away with nothing" (NCV).
Do you see the great reversal here? God says the people who think they have it all together are going to fail, and the people who think they don't have it together are going to succeed. Those who trust God are the ones who are going to make it in the long term.

Who or what are you trusting? Do you put more emphasis on what God's Word says or what the celebrities on TMZ say? How about the athletes in your fantasy league? Or the financial wizards of Wall Street and the stock prices? None of the things our culture says is important will matter five years from now. But those who trust God humbly and know his Word are going to make it in the long-term, because that's what lasts.

Mary knew the Word of God enough that she could quote ten verses from the Old Testament and make a song out of it. Do you know enough Scripture like that? If you want God's blessing on your life, you need to get into the Word and read it, study it, and start memorizing it. “

If you are blessed by this blog entry, please leave me a comment as it totally encourages me to write more. I will appreciate it even more than you know and even consider it as a special gift from you! Thank you & may God bless your coming and your going!

No comments:

Post a Comment