He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

We are ALL Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

I awoke around 2 am, knowing that I was supposed to write something about how I've learned not to judge others but I prayed for more sleep. I woke up again and again with this scripture “Judge not, that ye be not judged.” (Matt. 7:1) going through my mind.

Some time ago I had a quote on a plaque on my wall and I’m not sure where it came from but I’ve remembered it for as long as I can remember and have always thought it to be true. I tried to find out who wrote it but can find nothing more than it is an American Indian Proverb - Never criticize a man until you’ve walked a mile in his moccasins. If this is a hard thing for you to believe then I would recommend a book to you - The Search For Significance: Seeing Your True Worth Through God's Eyes by Robert S. McGee. I have taken a couple of classes on this book and through it God taught me more than I learned in nine years of regular psychologist visits. We are shaped by our perceptions and we see others by those perceptions, also.

Earlier this year I know that God started speaking to my heart and telling me that it’s not always about me. That I needed to realize that disapproving looks that I thought I was getting weren’t always about me that many, many things shaped whatever I saw on an individual’s face that I saw looking at me, which reflects the above proverb. All that is past may be for our good or to our detriment, which is for God to decide as He created us. I prayed for wisdom to learn to put it all behind me. To rid me of all of that baggage that caused me to not see people through God’s eyes. He led me to a class called **“Walking in the Light” (with use of The Cleansing Seminar Study Guide) which helped me to shed those pounds of past that shaped those disapproving looks!

And, I’ve truly learned to see that we are all *Psalm 139:14 “…fearfully and wonderfully made;…”. God created each one of us to fulfill a certain purpose (Please read 1 Cor. 12: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Cor.%2012&version=NKJV).

I’ve been learning this for years. Why it takes some of us so much longer to truly learn something, only God knows. I’ll always remember an event in my life that happened when I worked in patient registration in the emergency room at a multi county hospital back in Ohio. I had revered the nurse’s station where I’d seen the doctors’ and nurses’ running in and out of since I was a child there with my many broken bones or torn up knees. I set it high upon a pedestal. I carried it to this day when I worked in registration. The charge nurse came out and asked me if she could borrow the 3-hole punch. Within a few minutes she returned with it, exclaiming that she could not figure out how to use it and could someone help her. I thought how I could work a 3-hole punch in my sleep or with my eyes closed and in my mind’s eye it wandered to 1 Cor. 12. And, that pedestal disappeared that day. This is one of the best lessons that I learned. I went onto working with quite a few doctors who definitely worked hard enough through years of schooling to earn the right to be respected with the name of doctor before their name. But, I also learned that they put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us and that they liked being befriended as the human beings that they were.

God created each one of us to fulfill a certain purpose.

I will always remember that season of my life when God chose for me to work in the emergency room. One of the main reasons I cherished this memory so is that I directly saw every employee treated as a team member -- From the housekeeper that cleaned up after the treatment of the patients by the doctors and nurses to the doctors and nurses themselves. I spoke with nurses several times who I thought were having such a horrendous night (time and again) and they thought we women in registration must be having an awful night. Each person in the team was a necessary, intricate part that it could not be without (referring back to *1 Cor. 12 :15-19 “and If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?”)

*James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” As He has given to me, also.

We are all fearfully and wonderfully made by our creator and worthy of being given the chance to be seen through His eyes!

May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. This is so very encouraging to me to keep writing. I pray you will keep coming back. I totally believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you?

** Pastor Timothy Davis
Cleansing The Church Ministries
PO Box 8326
Mission Hills, Ca 91346
(818)833-7999
http://www.cleansingthechurch.com/


A little share from me: Premise of my artwork: “Most of my artwork is inspired by our Creator's Complexity in that He created each one of us so unfathomable that one has to look many times over to see every aspect of each and every one of us! I appreciate that uniqueness and value those who dare to be who God created them to be! I hope you enjoy my art and appreciate that I also include a bit of whimsy as me being who I was created to be! I don't expect you to love it all but I hope you find something that you can appreciate. Thank you for looking!”





1 comment:

  1. I needed this today! We are truly created for God's own purposes, and I need to be reminded of this at times, especially when I think nothing I'm doing is for any good purpose. Thanks for continuing to write, Juliana. You are where God wants you to be, I feel, because what you writes turns my mind back to God's purposes - that it isn't about me, it's all about Him. And wherever I am, I need to be seeing others as precious to Him and therefore, treating them as such.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete