He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

That Song Got To Me

I truly wanted to write something this week. Being Christmas week (which I love) I just felt that I had to write something about Jesus. Well, this isn’t a long writing but I believe this little story may touch some of you as it touched me a couple of years ago.
I ended up at the hospital having x-rays on my left hand due to severe pain I’d just woken up with a week or so before. I left there in a rank mood, feeling sorry for myself. I had just gotten the CD, X-Christmas in the mail that day before leaving the house so I had decided to listen to it on the way there. As I left that hospital this song, “Mary Did You Know” came on in a rendition by the band, Kutless. The words in this rendition are so very clear. It came to the line “When you kissed your little baby, you kissed the face of God?” and that was my AWE moment. I’d never thought of it that way before. And, I knew God was speaking to me through that song to remind me that Jesus was the reason for the season. And, I wept!
Please share in this song with me:

No comments:

Post a Comment