He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Friday, April 1, 2011

FREEDOM

Excerpt from my book "Beyond to Better Things" - written 1989 from Marysville State Reformatory for Women (Marysville, OH)


FREEDOM

Freedom is not a place. It’s not open spaces. A right to choose what shoes you want to wear or what TV shows you’ll watch. Freedom comes from within.

Most of us go through life imprisoned in our homes. Imprisoned in ourselves. Not knowing who we are or why we’re here.

I am in a prison of steel bars, concrete walls, and razor-wire fences, but the prison is not my own. Jesus set me free. 

With my eyes focused on Jesus, I’ve found true freedom. His love for all of us is so great that He came down from heaven and died for our sins so we may have freedom. True freedom. Freedom from sin.

Knowing God’s forgiveness in our hearts is freedom. He lifts the burdens and lightens our load. He guides us through our life. Freedom is God’s peace felt within your heart when you’ve put your trust in Him. We are no longer alone.

Jesus is my freedom. I know I will be free from this place. Free from this earth. And home in heaven with Him soon. Thanks and praise to Jesus.

                                                 Freedom - Collage by me 2010

May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share!  I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, intricat collage, Juliana!
    And very inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I a dope? I just realized I could reply on here! Thanks so much!

      Delete