He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Showing My Thankfulness


And yet I feel like I’m fully inadequate in this…I just can’t thank Him enough! I got up this morning and headed for the sofa and my Bible app. on my iPhone and I read:


Psalm 28:7 NKJV "The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him." (See it at YouVersion.com http://bible.us/Ps28.7.NKJV)


I shared this in groups on Facebook, in comments, in my status on Facebook, and by e-mail to several people and I still felt lacking. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops.


God is good. His mercy is everlasting. So much has happened to show His goodness toward us in the last few months that I do not know how to say enough. We have waited, travailed, prayed without ceasing, and on and on. There are those of you who know of the many, many trials of my life and for the most part since the 10 hour spine surgery that I had in 1995. Many trials and tribulations have marked my marriage but we have kept trusting Him, ever moving forward. I can honestly tell you that there has not been even one day that I have not praised and thanked Him for His presence in my life since my re-dedication to Him in 1988. (In this is a lesson to be learned in that I know that even if I don’t feel like praising Him that in the act of doing so, I start feeling like it).


I just simply must share my biggest news lately. I don’t know how many of you will find this to be an almost as joyous occasion as me, but I do know that some of you will share in my elation. Reading back over some of the archives of this blog may be helpful for you all to know more of my background. But, to put things briefly, in 2001 I seemingly had a stroke at 40 years old due to the onset of CNS Vasculitis. This started a tremendous amount of slurred speech along with other symptoms/side effects that impeded my speech. Then, due to an over-abundance of medication (26 prescriptions in 2001 alone) and their side effects, fillings started popping out of my teeth, my bite changed rapidly, teeth started breaking and crumbling, and on and on. A frightening display that I could not run from but God kept me so strongly within His arms (tears) which IS the only way I withstood it.


Good teeth was something I took for granted. I did not have a cavity until I was 18 and then I saw a dentist regularly with no apparent problems at all when I fell ill in 2001. I couldn’t get away from it, my tongue forever moving to the associated areas daily, hourly, minutely! And, I’ve fought every time I’ve opened my mouth to speak to anyone! And, I cannot adequately describe the amount of prayer this has invoked!


And, as if this all wasn’t enough, the loss of my full, open lipped smile has been the worst. I’m a happy, God loving, positive person who is so full of the joy of the Lord and I’ve felt that I’ve had to fight to show that (more tears)! The worse of my teeth have been right in the front so I cover my mouth, jerk, retract my face, and do whatever I can to not have them seen feeling like running in horror if I feel I’ve not hid them adequately. Yet, God has brought me into being even more extroverted and less self-conscious than prior to the illness that brought this on. He has always been there encouraging me, urging me on, comforting me!


Yesterday I was finally able to go to the dentist knowing that He had adequately provided the necessary funds to have my teeth repaired. I spent an hour long evaluation with full mouth x-rays and explanation of the possibilities. I was told that by the holidays I’ll have my smile back. I’m elated, ecstatic, so joyous beyond words! And, I’m looking forward to learning to talk right again! And, once again:


Psalm 28:7 NKJV "The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him." (See it at YouVersion.com http://bible.us/Ps28.7.NKJV)


His goodness has been so amazing this spring and summer that I don’t fully know how to explain it all. You’ll just have to keep watching and reading my blog. I can only explain further at this point in time by sharing scripture that the Lord gave me not long after my re-dedication to Him in 1988:


*Proverbs 3:3-4 “Let not mercy and truth forsake you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart, And so find favor and high esteem In the sight of God and man.”


And, He’s given it to all of you who trust in Him, too!

May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!

2 comments:

  1. What an inspirational story. I am so blessed to have found this during a time of struggle in my own life. Thank you for being so open and willing to share your story. Look forward to seeing all the ways that God will continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this is the 2nd comment I've come across that I don't remember seeing before. And I'm so thankful that I found it! God bless you for leaving it! I truly needed this so I'm sure God's timing is perfect! Please keep reading! I'm still here!

      Delete