He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Monday, January 9, 2012

A CALL TO ACTION

Today was another early Sunday. Nearly the minute we first arrived in the sanctuary the scripture Matthew 6:33 went through my mind. 

*Matt. 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”

And went on through the worship, sermon, and service corresponding with this scripture.

Some time ago I believe God pointed this scripture out to me and I kept it taped right in front of me on my desk so that I could remember it, along with memorizing it. It seemed that every question I have posed to God about my life, He would very quickly and first and foremost point me back to this scripture.

During these times of such just literal garbage going on in this world we all need to step up and stand for what we believe in, not just some wishy-washy form of Christianity. We need to run to Him with our whole hearts. And in turn He gives us His peace to make it in this world!

I see one of the main problems going on in the world today is that we, who call ourselves Christians just sit in our pews, shut up within our own selves.

*2 Timothy 3:1-5 “But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!”

This is talking about Christians; The people who claim to be believers in the power of Jesus Christ to salvation. Huh? Yet, these are the people who are told to “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness” (*Matt. 6:33).

And, this morning I found myself praying for our congregation for all to be removed that was impeding God’s truth from getting into their hearts and minds. I am not looking for or asking for my own agenda, but His will to be done.

We who are in the church are supposed to be the ones sharing with the rest of the world how to survive in these end times. We who are in the church are the ones with the key to liberty and to eternal life and yet we sit back as though our wrists are bound with handcuffs and our mouths taped with duct tape!

When I rededicated my life to the Lord in 1988, I felt as if Jesus had reached down, taken my hand, and pulled me out of the bottomless pit of gloom and despair, leaving all of my friends to just keep falling. I pray for them to this day. Yet, this is what we are all doing if we just sit in this dormant state within our churches.

*Ephesians 5:8-9 “For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),”
*Philippians 2:14-16 “Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.”
*1 Peter 2:9-10 “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.”

*Luke 11:33 “No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lamp stand, that those who come in may see the light.”

Please join me in praying for how we may let our lights shine in the world of ever growing darkness and then let Him move us into action!


       This is one of the worship songs that we sang yesterday morning:  

May God bless you through my writing.  If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!

No comments:

Post a Comment