He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Three Crosses and a Dove - 2010

A few weeks ago a major miracle in my life from a long, long time ago came to mind that I had not shared with most of my friends since. I was a bit shocked that I’d neglected this so I prayed for God’s reminder through His Holy Spirit. I even asked for Him to give me something to help me remember. (One residual side effect from the CNS Vasculitis is memory loss so I’ve learned to pray for God to be my memory. Trusting in that is how I get by! I have to rest in the idea that if I don’t remember, that God is taking care of it.)

Just a couple of weeks later, I stopped by a Christian bookstore and there sat my reminder in the clearance section. It wasn’t exact. I would have to use some of my creativity to make it work but it was inexpensive (right up my alley). For $5.00 I took it home and began my look for what I needed to make it work. I found one other part on E-Bay for 99 cents (actually paid nothing due to an E-Bay coupon for more than a dollar). And, I already had some sterling silver wire and a cord to hang it from.

This memory is of a time before I fully understood what an awesome relationship I could have with my creator. It was during an extremely rocky time in my life. It happened before I knew His peace; John 14:27 is my favorite Bible verse “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” *After my arrest in 1988 and eventual rededication of my life to the Lord, my co-conspirator and I were out for a drive. He had rededicated his life, also. We spent many of our days together to follow (before prison) in God’s word or riding around, listening to Christian music. This time I remember listening to Petra’s song “Not of This World”. And, we looked up into the sky and saw just as clear as the nose on my face, three crosses and a dove in the clouds. We fully believed that it was God’s promise to us of His peace. Please see the photo below of my new reminder that I now keep hanging from my rear-view mirror. (Yesterday, I took a mini-break at the Sunshine Skyway’s rest area and noticed that I couldn’t find a more perfect place to take a photo for this writing.)

God has brought me to Florida (James 1:17 “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.”) and given me so much of His peace that I can get through my days so much easier. Life isn’t perfect, of course. God gives me His peace. I once shared with my 87 year old mother who is in a nursing home that I could be sitting in a pile of dung, still praising the Lord, because of HIS PEACE. This world gives NO PEACE! And, He gave me a loving reminder of this and I’m sharing it with you!

I would like to share that if any of you ever have any questions, want to share something, or would just like to have someone to chat with, please don’t hesitate to message me! If you have a question that I can’t answer, I’ll find the answer for you! I welcome any and all inquires! If one of my blog posts particularly touches, please comment to me – I can use the encouragement…I can always use encouragement. Even though my faith is strong, I am still merely a human who has been given a gift in writing.

God bless you all!

*For more information please see my book “Beyond to Better Things” available at
http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Better-Things-Tricia-Marie/dp/160703252X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228308095&sr=8-1 and/or you can read more of an explanation in my blog entry entitled “Testimony Written for Billy Burke Ministries” at http://somethingbyjuliana.blogspot.com/2010/07/testimony-written-for-billy-burke.html
UPDATE:  Just thought to share a song that was my most memorable from this time in my life!
May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!

No comments:

Post a Comment