He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Friday, March 22, 2013

FACEBOOK UPDATE + GRACE & The 99?

POSTED A FEW WEEKS AGO - ACCIDENTLY DELETED!


I thought that taking a break from Facebook would be so hard and I was so wrong. All though extremely beneficial at times, I did come to know that I was spending too much time on Facebook. I just couldn’t seem to pull myself away. So, I prayed! I have been off of Facebook for just a day shy of a week and it’s so much easier than I ever thought. I feel free! I believe that God showed me that I needed to get off of Facebook completely and give it to Him. I can also say that I’m not yet 100% sure about how long I will be off; taking it one day at a time. Prior to leaving I had a friend suggest taking a day’s break every week which I do believe that I will do when I come back. I have so much more time for other things that I enjoy doing that I’m sure it will be no problem when I finally do get through this habit-breaking time. Thank you, Lord!

I am also being so inspired to write almost daily. This morning something came to mind to share with you. Facebook can be quite distracting. Surrendering to Jesus means surrendering everything, even though I do believe I was sharing God’s love with many, many others on Facebook. It’s up to Him to decide.

An interesting explanation regarding Proverbs 3:5,6 is about a time I was headed out to go do some writing on the beach but I was leaving too late so it came to mind to just go down by the river and write but I wouldn’t be going by my normal places to pick up coffee, etc… so I prayed about where to go and I believe I was led to put all of my earrings on; that was 9 altogether. I had no idea why I was doing it but I just knew I was supposed to.

I left to write and the only convenience store between home and the river going through town to the best writing place, I stopped at. When I came up to the register with my purchase the young man behind the counter had piercings and he smiled real big and was very polite when I checked out. As I left I asked God why this was necessary and I heard Him say because when I wear my earrings it helped him to feel better about himself and I don’t want him to feel bad about himself because I love him.

**Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

**I Corinthians 9:19-23 - Serving All Men – “For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.”

Many members from my church along with my pastor have been volunteering for an extremely beneficial outreach to youth that started just last weekend and is continuing for the next 3 weekends. I would truly recommend you taking part in this yourself as a volunteer along with taking and/or sending any teenagers or young adults to view this outreach if The 99 comes to your town.


"WHAT IS THE 99?
On average, 99 young people between the ages of 12 and 24 die every day in the United States.
"THE 99" is a symbol based on statistics from the National Center for Disease Control.

THE 99
is a walkthrough theater that graphically reenacts the five leading causes of death in teenagers and young adults. Many of these deaths are influenced by drugs or alcohol and a vast majority of them can be avoided.

The production is state-of-the-art production designed to portray the very real consequences of poor decisions that claim almost 37,000 young lives every year. The production is not based on fear or scare tactics, but rather is based solely on reality with each room designed from real life situations."

(taken from www.whatisthe99.com )

I just recently got a new album by Colton Dixon who made it down to one of the final few contestants on American Idol in 2012. I was unhappy when he was voted off because he truly shared his love for God in this contest. You can imagine my delight when I found out he did an album. I love the album in it's entirety but I especially took notice to one particular song that I knew right off was quite anointed by the Holy Spirit. I believe it could be the theme song for The 99. What do you think?


May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!

No comments:

Post a Comment