He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Am Here Only Because He Lives - 2009

I thought I would write about my thoughts while driving the other morning. I was listening to the Hiding Place CD while driving and the tears started flowing. My mind went back to that time in 1988 when I rededicated my life to the Lord. How much of His strength I needed in order to just make it through to tomorrow. I contemplated the fact that I wanted to check out of this life but I'd attempted suicide 4 times before and felt as though I couldn't even do that right, so I was going to have myself committed. I could no longer deal with this world! God heard my cries and saved me out of it all. Friends showed up to meet me (who had no idea what I was going to do) and kept me from doing it.  And, I knew it wasn't what God wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment