He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our Responsibility to Reach - 2007

It is our responsibility to reach the “unreachable”! God is anointing our path! He is the only way these people can be reached…the world’s throw-aways; the ones that threw themselves away because they thought no one wanted them. Today I made a contract with God to protect me and I would lead them to Him!

Let me explain a bit further: I was lost but I found Him! In 1988, I’d just been arrested for selling LSD, when I was at the bottom; He found me there and pulled me up out of the bottomless pit. I did 16 months in prison learning to know Him better, and then I was loosed on the world. I married, learned to live life on the outside while working in a hospital for nearly 10 years and raising my husband’s son. I was also a stagnate Christian! 

In 2001, brain lesions were found and I ended up being diagnosed with a terminal illness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_vasculitis). I was healed and I’m coming back with a vengeance for God! I told Him to use me in 1988, and He’s holding me to it! Now, I am 47 years young and as long as I’m with Him, I sure don’t feel old and I’m growing stronger with each and every day! He won’t let me go!

Today, He moved me to write and so I’m writing! When I was in prison, I used to lay back on my bunk and listen to the music that I was sent, with my headphones and walk man, and let God transport me to another place in His Holy Spirit! There was very little Christian music at that time, but He used what there was (White Cross, Rez, Petra and even Amy Grant to name a few). Years ago, I found “God” by Rebecca St. James and my eyes and ears were opened further to the point of Kutless and then Skillet. And the feelings I had of wanting to shout that I’d found Him from the rooftops, was met! More recently, I found www.theblast.fm and I found even more to life! In 1971, I got high and listened to Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd to escape from this world and right now, I’m listening to Red “End of Silence” and getting high on God! I’ve found my way of escape and it’s so very much sweeter than before!

It is our responsibility to reach those who are the lost and/or will be the lost if they stay on the same path. These people are waiting for us, but may not even know we’re coming! He is sending us to pull them out of the path of Satan, to pull them out of that bottomless pit where I was falling. I was told by my psychologist in the 1980’s that I was one in 5% that ever gets out of where I was! Our road is steep, and climbable only with Him!

I am writing this today as confirmation for what He has already shown you because He has shown me, too!

*Isaiah 61   "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, because the LORD hath anointed Me to preach good tidings unto the meek. He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound,  To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn,  To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He might be glorified…"

No comments:

Post a Comment