He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

He Delivered Me From Depression - Written 2010

Last night, while driving to a class on deliverance.  I was once again listening to “Lost” by Red. Such an awesome song that brings one right into communion with God. All about being lost in Him! And, I started feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit again, much stronger than normal, even to the point of tears. Like I was being lifted from the seat in my car into another dimension. Into the heavenlies. I was still in tears as I reached the church where the class was being held. I felt like I wanted to run in and tell someone, as the Holy Spirit’s presence remained so very strong for a few minutes after I entered the church. But I couldn’t say anything. I was just left with a “knowing” that God’s will was to perform miracles in my life through this class.

During this class, I hardly know how to explain how attentive I am. I’m focused! It’s like a supernatural focus that I’ve not known before. This class is awesome and I know the best is yet to come. If anyone who reads this has a chance to take this class at their church or one nearby, please don’t hesitate.  You won’t be sorry!

And, I believe I have been inspired to share a time in my life when the Lord delivered me from a debilitating illness. Depression is not something to play around with. It can incapacitate or even worse – lead someone into attempting suicide, which it had me, several times.  At this point in my life, I was more than likely in a chemical depression caused by more than just an emotional situation but I was also experiencing an early change in a woman’s life so I had hormones that were raging. I also found info on the Internet that showed me that I was depressed about being depressed. This can happen to Christians when they think a Christian shouldn’t feel that way.

I was led to reading Psalms. If anyone can read Psalms and think David didn’t have bouts of depression, they certainly have a different viewpoint than most. I was also going through Christian counseling at the time, which was quite helpful but rather slow since I’d more recently moved from Ohio so this gentleman didn’t know much about my life, with me being 47 years old, that was quite a long time to get caught up on.

It was September of 2007. I had gotten a new CD called “End of Silence” by the band, Red. This CD sounded so much like a Rock Opera to me that I just fell in love with it, listening to it for hours. Still my favorite, the song “Lost” led me into a deeper walk with God. I am including the acoustic version of this song that the band put out later.

If you would like to hear the original version, it is:

“LOST” lyrics"
by Red

Can I be dreaming once again?
I'm reaching helpless I descend
You're leading deeper through this maze
I'm not afraid

I'm lost in you everywhere I run
Everywhere I turn I'm finding something new
I'm lost in you something I can't fight

I cannot escape
I could spend my life lost in you

Lost in you

Your whispers fill these empty halls
I'm searching for you as you call
I'm bracing, chasing after you
I need you more

I'm lost in you everywhere I run
Everywhere I turn I'm finding something new
I'm lost in you something I can't fight
I cannot escape
I could spend my life lost in you

I could never be the same here
Something that I never could erase
I could never look away
I lost myself in you

It's all over now
Lost in you
Everywhere I run
Lost in you
Everywhere I run
Lost in you
Lost in you

written by Jasen Rauch, Rob Graves, and Chad Cates
Behind the Song:

"This song ultimately is a love song to God. God’s love is so rich, so mysterious, yet so deep that it envelops us to the point where we get lost in Him. (Romans 8:38-39)" – Red"

And, I learned to *soak in the Holy Spirit while listening to this song, and this album.

It took me an entire day to realize that God was doing something different in my life. I even apologized to Him for not doing all my housework. I answered the telephone, loaded the dishwasher, fixed dinner and ate with my husband but otherwise, while running my errands and the time spent at home, I was lost in Him for 4 days. Much later, while reading a book, I found that I had been in a mild trance. This is an excerpt of that book “The Final Quest” by Rick Joyner:
“Another higher-level prophetic experience is a trance, which is like dreaming when you are awake. Instead of just seeing a “screen” like in an open vision, you feel as if you are in the movie—actually there in some strange way. Peter fell into a trance in Acts 10:10, when he was instructed to go to the house of Cornelius and preach the gospel to the Gentiles for the first time. Paul, likewise, refers in Acts 22:17 to a trance he experienced while praying in the temple.

Trances were common experiences among the biblical prophets. The depth of trances can range from being rather mild—so that you are still conscious of your physical surroundings and can even still interact with them—to feeling as if you are literally in the place of your vision. This seems to be what Ezekiel experienced rather frequently, and what John probably experienced when he had the visions recorded in the Book of Revelation.”


May God bless you through my writing. If He has especially touched you in any way, please leave a comment below. Your comments are so very encouraging to me to help me to keep writing. Also, click on the “Uptweet” button on the above right and share! I pray you will keep coming back. I fully believe that my writing is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit so if I am writing, there is someone that needs to read it! Maybe it’s you? Also, please be sure to share any questions you might have with me and if you would like to keep them personal (just between you and me) please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at juliana.pace@gmail.com. If I don’t know how to answer you, I will may every attempt to refer you to someone for more information. Thanks and may God bless all your days!


*Definition from www.wikipedia.com The purpose of Soaking Music is "setting aside of oneself to focus and meditate on God for renewal of strength and peace"[ Practitioners view it as "an aid in seeking God" or "Turning hearts back to the Father through intimate praise and worship". "This is about spending quality time with God without having a program to maintain. It is a time to focus on a relationship with the Lord where lives are truly changed"

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So many people seek drugs and alcohol to treat depression. Thank you for reminding us that God has a better plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You might read more of the archives of my blog. I self-medicated with drugs/alcohol for a good 18 years of my life not knowing that God could set me free. In Him, I am still set free! Hallelujah!

      Delete
  2. God Bless you all with the Talents and Keys to open a door of reality to others hearts and by the Grace of our Lord his light shines where darkness try's to abide and we are set free in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete