He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

He Knows My Life - 2009

This morning I awoke to a new week. My husband's hours were changed drastically after his week off with Cellulitis in his leg and a 2.5 day hospitalization. He was working 4 X 10 hour days with a 3 day weekend each week and had been on this schedule for approximately 2 years. This week his schedule is 11-8, 5 days a week. So, there has to be another adjustment in our life.  Of course one of many!

I sat and collected my thoughts, realizing that the last week had been a blur and I hadn't even had time for my daily devotions.  And I cringed! I'd been so busy with my mom's doctor appointments, my doctor appointments, my husband's doctor appointments and then the regular day to day tasks to keep everyone going that I just hadn't had time. I felt saddened and a wave of guilt swept over me. Then I picked up one of my daily devotional books, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and read

"Find Me in the midst of the maelstrom. Sometimes events whirl around you so quickly that they become a blur. Whisper My Name in recognition that I am still with you. Without skipping a beat in the activities that occupy you, you find strength and Peace through praying My Name (and I did). Later, when the happenings have run their course, you can talk with Me more fully.

Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes. Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving Presence; you are Mine. Philippians 2:9-11; Isaiah 43:1".

And, I once again sensed His peace. After more than 20 years of living in near constant communication with my heavenly Papa, He still awes me daily! I hope and pray that it never stops! He knows me so very intimately. I hope and pray that I never cease to praise Him.

How could I not surrender my all to a God who by "wisdom founded the earth; By understanding He established the heavens; By His knowledge the depths were broken up, And clouds drop down the dew." *Proverbs 3:19,20 His ways are so much greater than mine. He sees my every move and guides me through this life.
This is one of my very favorite songs of all time.  It says it just how I feel. I've been praying this song near daily for the past several months or more, sometimes even several times a day. I can't seem to get enough of it. I hope you enjoy it, too!
You Won't Relent
by Misty Edwards

You won't relent
Until You have it all
My heart is Yours

I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
As a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy demanding as the grave
And many waters cannot quench this love

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are one

He won't relent until He has it all, my heart is His!

No comments:

Post a Comment