He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

He Created You - He Loves You Outrageously - 2010

The other day I went to the store to get diapers for my mother. Yes, it's that role reversal time in my life. She did it for me approximately 49 years ago, now it's my turn. I was thinking whether there was anything needed to get while I was there and it just kept coming to mind that I needed to look at the books. This came to mind several times over the course of the morning and even a couple of times after entering this particular store so that, of course, I had to go and look. (I finished a class last week on deliverance which was an intense 3 month course where I spent 1 1/2 to 2 hours every weekday morning in the workbook and in God's word. I had been lamenting the ending of this class, even though with tremendously positive results for me and all who attended, but I longed for intense study to continue.).  I was attracted to this little, inexpensive workbook about being Yourself which I saw as a book that I needed to purchase

The following day I started to read it. I hadn't paid any attention to anything but the title and knowing that it was just what stood out on that bookstand. Then I came upon the forward, which was about public speaking (just what I believe God is moving me towards in ministry). My jaw dropped. As I kept reading I believe I was inspired to write down a summary of what happens in people's lives: 


I'm Born - I'm who God wants me to be. He is delighted in me. "God designed you perfectly. You are God's delight. God's handiwork, and you are wonderfully unique." (from this book - BEING YOURSELF)

I Live life - I'm piled deep in baggage/garbage from a crazy life. But, God still loves me and is still with me all the time.

Then, God delivers me/heals me from all that baggage/garbage! He cleanses me, because I seek Him! It is His delight to cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

Then - I'm learning to be me - the me He created me to be!

"Just As You Are God designed you perfectly. You are God's delight, God's handiwork, and you are wonderfully unique. Despite pressures from outside forces that make you feel as if you need to change in order to measure up, God loves you just as you are and more than you could know!" exerpt from "BEING YOURSELF".

My pastor gave us a CD several Sundays ago and said that we needed to listen to it once a day for 21 days. I want to share this will all of you. I'm still listening to this, sometimes several times a day. Please don't cut yourself short and not listen to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment