He is making perfect sense out of a perfectly senseless, messed up life!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Finding God's Strength - 2009

This morning I read a devotional about strength, mostly God's strength VS human strength and I had a revelation. It had a quote in it from Margaret Thatcher: "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." And, my thoughts went back to a time a couple of months ago when a friend shared with me that she thought I was one of the strong ones, but I no longer saw this in myself. Before I got sick in 2001, my husband and son used to tease that if I got mugged, they felt sorry for the mugger.  I rather agreed with it. But, when I got sick I felt that I lost that somehow. But, just now I realized that anymore it's not I who I see as strong - it's God in me. And, this devotional goes on to say "***You can have a quiet strength that comes from knowing who you are in God." And, I realized that is how I've changed.  Praise Him from whom all blessings flow! I'd much rather rely on His strength than in mine!

***From the Checklist for Life for Women (no author listed).

1 comment:

  1. Liked it Juliana! Thanks (From Sue Justus - comment at www.christianblogspots.com)

    ReplyDelete